Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Shenandoah

This weekend I'll be headed down to Shenandoah with Brian, Cip, and Sophie. Brian and Cip are my two buddies from home who are headed out west with me. Sophieis the girlfriend. I'm hoping the trip can serve two purposes: 1) to test out our gear and see what kind of shape we are in and 2) to give Sophie a little glimpse of what my summer will be like. The latter is particularly important because she's had virtually no exposure to any of this sort of stuff (when purchasing hiking shoes she said "I wonder what I'll match these with," and was completely serious, lol).
Anyway, we're planning on climbing Old Rag and then getting into the backcountry a bit. It should be a fun weekend if the weather holds and will be a good chance to get my hands dirty again. Pictures and posts will follow the trip.

No comments: